Mouse refused the challenge and did herself in metaphors (http://girlinabasement.com/2014/04/23/30-day-blog-challenge-day-23/ )….so I am going to do that too. Hers are pictures of dolls. I do not understand them. I just read over mine, and I am not sure anyone will understand these either….
So a metaphor is a field of transposition….and I am going to do 20 facts in metaphors.
1. I am rock. Indestructible. You can beat me, but I can outlast your blows, I can take more than you give, boastful me, just goading you to go one more, waiting. I am back as good as ever.
2. I am water. Yes, wet, dripping with tears, just watching a soppy movie, I dissolve.
3. I am fire. I am ablaze with mad stuff that I want to do. I am like a fireball hurtling through the ether
4. I am ice. Yes, that far off ice of the comet as it arcs across the frozen and airless night sky. I cannot dissolve, no matter how hard I try, remote, remote am I with the tears of eternities frozen in my glassy eyes
5. I am dance. Yes indeed. It is wrapped up in me like string, every word I hear is the sound of a string being ruffled, the soft brush of the cymbal, the throbbing rhythm of the dance, pulsing like a vein out of my arms, my legs, my neck, bulging and ready to explode in the rhythm of a breaking heart.
6. I am word. Ah yes indeed. How could I be other than that? Maybe indeed, I am only that.
7. I am silence. I am the darkness between the flashes, the moment before the footfall.
8. I am pain. I grow bruises on my body like flowers.
9. I am waste. I am to be discarded, trampled on and cast aside.
10. I am death. Death eats me from the inside. I can think of nothing else. Just that death that slowly rots me from the beginning of my very life.
11. I am love, but not as you would think. I am that protective love, that one that enfolds. I am love, but I am not a lover. If you want a lover, you need to pay a different piper. Here you find only dust.
12. I am shame. Like amber, I am pure shame wrapped up in my very name. I am reviled, at least in my mind, though not to any other soul. Only you, now reading this, you select few.
13. I am laughter. Sometimes mocking, yes, but that is mainly for me. I am laughter of the other kind….the one that softens, that does not mock. No, I laugh with you, not at you.
14. I am funny. Strange to say. It does not sound like that. But mainly I am fun and funny. Even small animals think so. No that was not true. But you get the idea. And if you don’t, well, you need to write for the code to unlock the joke.
15. I am mathematics. Ah yes, I am. The magic of numbers, they are the double helix, the fold of code, the programme, the sacred message inside which, when you open it, or if I open it, is nothing at all. Just that wonderful persian invention, zero.
16. I am lunch. Eat me. Or not.
17. I am animal. Yes of course I am. That means you need to care for me sometimes, but because of the kind of animal I am you can beat me too.
18. I am sadness. Of course, yes, that is rather human. I cannot get away from it, tinging things like a stain. It seeps into things, like bad red wine staining a shirt.
19. I am human. I know it seems incredible, unbelievable. But yes, I am from the same species as you. Makes you think, hey? Sorry.
20. I am longing. I am those imprisoned eyes that look and look but cannot have. I hunger for everything, and sometimes for nothing at all……